Thursday, July 26, 2007

Where did the summer (and my life) go ???

Can you believe it is almost august? Where did the summer go?

more importantly where did my life go?

My mom always said "the older you get the faster the time goes" but this is ridiculous.
Just the other day i had my last babies--twin boys. now they are starting high school in four weeks.....where did the past 15 years go?? Not to mention my daughter turned 19 last month.....

wow.... life is just speeding by me too fast... i want to stop and enjoy it and i do sometimes... but not as much as i'd like and before you know it the kids will be grown and gone. Seems i spent the first 8 years of their life wishing they'd hurry and grow up--raising kids was just too hard.... then at about nine, I started thinking slow down this is going too fast and i don't want you to grow up that fast...

but evidently i have no control over time and how fast it goes. My advice to anyone who may want it.... enjoy your kids while they are young, they grow up soooo fast and the old saying
as corny as it is.. "stop and smell the flowers" pretty much says it all.

have a great day :) suan

2 comments:

Karlene said...

When I was younger and overwhelmed by kids, people would tell me to enjoy them while they were young, that it would pass too fast. I didn't believe them. I didn't understand. I don't think the young can ever quite grasp that concept because they have no experience of it. But it's true. My baby will be a senior in high school soon. I'm 47, probably past the halfway mark of my life, but I haven't done half the things I wanted to do. (sigh)

Kenna said...

Even as a new mom, I can already see this happening. While part of me can't wait for the next stage, I'm sad to see the last one leave. I am so anticipating getting to know my son's personality and watching him grow into the man he'll be, but I also long for the time when he was so tiny and quiet. I would sit and rock him at night and we would silently gaze into each other's eyes, only us in all this huge world... and it's there that I realized, of all the people that will love him in his life, only I get to be his mother.

... and now he's teething ...