Thursday, May 31, 2007

Do we get what we pay for???

i am one of those people, one of those many people (i realize i am not in the minority here)who have very little time...... time for me is precious since i have so very little of it.

i believe that when you go to a store you should get what you pay for. however, i am also one of those people who- if there is a defective product on the shelf- i get it... i am drawn to it like a magnet. if i take the first item on the shelf or i dig to the back it makes no difference, if there is a defective item i get it!!

Approximately two weeks ago i went to home depot to buy a sink and vanity for the bathroom (i won't even go into the lousy service i got there) but i get it home and the plumber comes to install it and it is defective.... so the plumber leaves and i have to go return it and get a different one and then reschedule the plumber again. silly me i didn't think to look in the box the first time to make sure it was not defective-what was i thinking...

so, then about a week ago i went to gray whale for the new CD by maroon 5...loved their first CD and couldn't wait to hear their new one..0pen it up the next day at work to listen to it and guess what ?? there isn't even a CD in there.....they said they will replace it but it will take me a week before i can get back to the store to return it......definitely a bummer...

work has been stressful lately so we decided to buy some bubbles to help relieve the stress..i open mine and try to blow them and nothing happens....i know it's been a long time since i have blown bubbles...but seriously-can a person forget how to blow bubbles? i had another girl give it a try and nothing... which means they are defective. i got them at walgreens in case you want some.....so instead of relieving some of my stress it increased it.

i really do not have time to buy and then return all this defective merchandise. I'm thinking i need start opening and inspecting it before i buy it.

so- what do you think? do we get what we pay for?????

2 comments:

Karlene said...

I so hate it when that happens. It especially ticks me off when I go to Gandolfo's and order a Radio City with CHEDDAR and they give it to me with American. Sometimes I get all the way home before I realize it and then I have to go back and make them do it over again. Grrr!

Anonymous said...

I don't know gandolfo's, but we live alittle out of town and everytime I go to mcdonalds, I never get home with all of my order, and if I call and complain they say come back we will make it right, at three dollars a gallon for gas I am thinking they should deliver to me, not my mistake. now they act offended when I sit in their drivethru line and open the bag and check it,they ask if i could pull forward to do that, to which i say no, if i pull forward and it is wrong i either have to wait in line again after circleing the building or go inside, if i wanted to do that i would have gone inside to begin with.
I think Drew must have inherited that buying defective from his aunt, I always thought he just broke stuff when i wasn't looking, but his stories sound like yours, glad that skill skipped me!Elaine